Below are the books mentioned in season 4, as collated by Amanda here. The effort she has put in is amazing, with notes telling you the exact reference and episode.
I will highlight any I have read in green. Any that are crossed out I do not intend on reading, either because it is a topic I have no interest in (Cookery, etc.), a biography of someone I have no interest in or it is going to be a struggle for me to read, or just something I will not enjoy.
Have you read any? What are your thoughts?
- Alice in Wonderland (Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, #1) – Lewis Carroll
- Wuthering Heights – Emily Bronte
- Atonement – Ian McEwan
- 1984 – George Orwell
- Northanger Abbey – Jane Austen
- Valley of the Dolls – Jacqueline Susann
- Tender is the Night – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Sun Also Rises – Ernest Hemingway
Lies & the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair & Balanced Look at the right – Al Franken
- The Snows of Kilimanjaro and other stories – Ernest Hemingway
- The Crimson Petal and the White – Michel Faber
- The Collected Stories – Eudora Welty
- Richard III – William Shakespeare
- The Origin of Species – Charles Darwin
- The Trial – Franz Kafka
The Diary of Virginia Woolf, Volume One: 1915-1919 – Virginia Woolf The Diary of Virginia Woolf, Volume Two: 1920-1924 – Virginia Woolf The Diary of Virginia Woolf, Volume Three: 1925-1930 – Virginia Woolf The Diary of Virginia Woolf, Volume Four: 1931-19359 – Virginia Woolf The Diary of Virginia Woolf, Volume Five: 1936-1941 – Virginia Woolf The Apocalyptics: Cancer and the Big Love: How Environment Politics Controls What We Know about Cancer – Edith Efron
- The Art Book – Phaidon Press
- Amanda/Miranda – Richard Peck
- Terminal – Robin Cook
The Price of Loyalty: George W. Bush, The White House, and the Education of Paul O’Neill – Ron Suskind Monsieur Proust – Celeste Albaret Anne Bogart: Viewpoints – Michael Bigelow Dixon Points of View – W. Somerset Maugham
- The God Project – John Saul
- Saving the Queen – William F. Buckley Jr.